Nhiệm vụ bài học là số điểm tối thiểu mà em cần đạt được để có thể:
- Xem được đáp án và lời giải chi tiết của bài học.
- Mở khóa bài học tiếp theo trong cùng Level hoặc mở Level tiếp theo.
Nếu chưa vượt qua được điểm nhiệm vụ, em phải làm lại bài học để rèn luyện tính kiên trì cũng như sự cố gắng nỗ lực hoàn thành bài tập, giúp kỹ năng làm bài được tốt hơn.
Lưu ý:Với mỗi bài học bạn chỉ được cộng điểm thành tích 1 lần duy nhất.Công thức tính điểm thành tích:
Tỉ lệ % = (số đáp án đúng / tổng số câu hỏi) * 100.
Điểm thành tích:
* Với bài làm có tỉ lệ đúng > 80% : +5 điểm
* Với bài làm có tỉ lệ đúng >= 70% và <= 80% : +3 điểm
* Với bài làm có tỉ lệ đúng >= 60% : +2 điểm
Thành viên VIP được +1 cho điểm thành tích đạt được
Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question:
A change in the federal regulations now requires that every international student admitted to the United States on an F-1 visa be assigned a social security number. The record will be marked to indicate that it is a non-work number and may not be used for off-campus employment purposes. If the number is ever used in a job, the Social Security Office will notify the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). Unless prior work permission has been granted by INS, the student may be asked to depart the country. Students who wish to work on campus may do so without notifying INS.
1. The title below that best expresses the ideas in this passage is __________ . A. Invitation B. Notice C. Questionaire D. Application
2. Why are international students assigned social security numbers?
A. Because they need in order to work off campus.
B. Because they need them in order to depart the United States.
C. Because they are required to have them in compliance with federal regulations.
D. Because they need them in order to be granted F-1 status.
3. All of the following are true concerning a social security number for international students EXCEPT ___________ .
A. It is a non-work number.
B. It may not be used for off-campus employment.
C. It is assigned only to students who want to work on campus.
D. It is used by students with F-1 visas.
4. In line 1, the word “regulations” is closest in meaning to________ .
A. laws B. governments C. employees D. offices
5. Evidently, an international student can work without receiving permission from INS _________ .
A. at the Social Security Office B. at State University library C. nowhere D. at the city airport
Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each blank:
Every day one quarter of the total population of Vietnam is directly (1)________ in formal education and training activities, (2)_______ as students or teachers. Education is an important part of the society. It is a major preoccupation of government and is a highly valued and respected (3)__________ in Vietnamese society. The Vietnam education and training sector is large, present in almost every village and (4)________ virtually every family. There are almost 18 million students in the education system and over 0.5 million teachers and instructors. The (5)______ of the education system is 5-4-3 i.e., five years of primary education (grades 1-5) (6)__________ by four years of lower secondary (grades 6-9), and three years of upper secondary (grades 10-12). Higher education programs (7)_________ between two and six years.
Government spending (8)_________ education and training grew rapidly during
the 1990's and in 1995 education and training's share of the overall discretionary State (9)________ was about 12 percent or about 3.5% of GDP. Household expenditure on education and formal cos-trecovery adds a (10)_______ 2.5% of GDP. Thus, aggregate expenditures of education in 1995 were approximately 6% of GDP with households meeting 43% of overall educational expenditures.
1. A. focused B. included C. involved D. combined
2. A. either B. both C. neither D. also
3. A. performance B. activity C. occupation D. business
4. A. meets B.reaches C. touches D. conquers
5. A. formation B. target C. construction D. structure
6. A. followed B. reduced C. increased D. changed
7. A. extend B. last C. widen D. form
8. A. at B. for C. with D. on
9. A. budget B. loan C. pocket D. allowance
10. A. more B. farther C. further D. fewer